Sunday, October 7, 2012

Nutcracker and Other Stuff


So, I think you've all heard by now that I am Clara in Sewanee's Nutcracker this year. On Friday I rehearsed from 4:15 to 9:00.  I brought a sandwich, veggies and fruit for dinner on the go. It was partly so long because of costume fittings, though. For the party scene I am wearing bloomers, a slip and a flowy white dress with a skinny, empire waist, dark red sash. It is very pretty, in a sort of old-timey way. For the rest of the show, I am wearing a light pink night gown, hemmed with white lace. Both dresses fall to a little bit above my ankles. For the entire show I will be wearing a nude leotard, pink tights and, of course, pink ballet shoes. I am learning basically the entire show, because when I'm not Clara, I'm a mouse. Clara also dances with the Gingerbreads, so I have to learn that dance, too. That is all the scoop I have about the Nutcracker, though.

Nothing very exciting is happening in school. We are learning about the signers of the Declaration of Independence. I chose one of the less known signers, Charles Carroll of Carrrollton. To learn more about him, click the link below.
                                                               Charles Carroll of Carollton

So, other than that, I don't really have anything else to say. 


Random Facts
1. I found my Crayola crayon-maker!!!
2. My new favorite song is "Glad You Came" by The Wanted
3. Till next time!


- Cate



1 comment:

  1. Carroll ---> New Carrollton is where the Washington Metro Orange Line ends. That is where Grampa Chuck catches the train to go to work every day, and also where you guys catch the train to go to the Mall and the museums when you are in DC. The grounds of the Homewood Mansion in Baltimore is where the Hubble Space Telescope Science Institute is located. So both of us spent a fair amount of time there when we were working for NASA. The Carroll family home (built by his grandfather) is in Annapolis. Next time you are here we can go see it if you want to.

    ReplyDelete